Mauviel M'150s 6.1 qt (5.7L) Stew Pot With Lid
A stew pot and stock pot are used interchangeably in many kitchens as they are very similar. A slight difference is that stew pots are generally shorter and wider to offer greater surface area to assist in boiling, while stock pots are taller and narrower to assist in simmering. In any case, both are great for boiling water, steaming vegetables, and preparing stocks.
This stew pot by Mauviel is a great display piece. It has 1.5mm body thickness and a stainless steel interior and handle, and comes with a lid.
The 90% of copper is on the outside, which allows for excellent thermal conductivity, leading to even heat distribution. As copper conducts heat a lot faster than aluminum or stainless steel cookware, it permits simmering over low heat, leading to great-tasting stews and casseroles.
- The 10% stainless steel is on the inside, making it food grade, and eliminating the need to re-tin the copper, such as in traditional tin-lined copper. As the stainless steel is of such a low proportion, it does not alter the properties of the copper.
The Mauviel family company has been creating copper cookware in Normandy, France for nearly 200 years. They are famous for their hand made, expensive, top quality copper cookware, catered mainly for professional chefs and commercial kitchens. In recent decades they have branched out to stainless steel and cast iron and their excellent workmanship is now available to home chefs.
Features & Specifications
- 100% copper with 18/10 stainless steel interior and stainless steel handle
- Copper cookware can be used on gas, electric, halogen stove tops, and in the oven up to 500° F (260 °C)
- Comes with a bronze lid with a stainless steel handle
- Stainless steel handle
- Not induction compatible
- Mauviel cookware is guaranteed for life against any manufacturing defects (Warranty not valid for commercial use)
- Made in France