If you are making sauces, jams or pureeing foods for any reason, then you could use either a food processor, a blender, or your hand with a mortar and pestle but a food mill is the preferred option. Using the other tools is a two step process to first process the food, and then separate the seeds/skin, which is inefficient - especially in a busy kitchen. A food mill does it all in one easy step as the food is pushed down through a sieve.
The OXO Good Grips Food Mill is great for preparing fresh purees, sauces, soups and more. It has a stainless steel inner bowl that is ideal for hot foods and will not stain, and includes 3 stainless steel grinding discs for fine, medium and coarse textures.
- The fine disc can be used for homemade jellies, creamy sauces and baby food
- The medium disc for applesauce and vegetable soups
- The coarse disc for mashed potatoes and chunkier sauces.
Three non-slip legs hold the Food Mill securely over bowls and pots up to 11 inches in diameter and the legs also fold for easy storage. The soft, non-slip handle and knob ensure comfort when gripping the Food Mill and turning the blade. All parts are dishwasher-safe.
Oxo is an American company that has been making ergonomically friendly products for over thirty years. Originating in Texas but now owned by the New York based 'Helen of Troy Limited' Company, their motto is to make everyday life easier.
Features & Specifications
- Simple, spring-loaded lever for easy disc exchange and disassembly
- Approximately 2.3-quart capacity
- Colour: Silver
- Model number: 1071478
- Part Number: 1071478UK
- EAN: 0719812018218
- Package Dimensions: 13.2 x 8.5 x 5.2 inches