If you've ever wanted to make kishik at home but didn't have the space in your house to dry out the yoghurt for days (or on the roof like in Lebanon!), then a dehydrator is a great option.
However, not only can you dry out yoghurt, but pretty much any food, whether fruit, vegetables, herbs, spices, even meat, poultry and fish.
This Presto dehydrator comes with four trays, though it can stack up to eight trays (sold separately). There is a see through cover that lets you monitor the drying process. The drying trays and cover are also fully immersible and dishwasher safe. A bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent airflow for optimum drying and eliminating the need for tray rotation.
National Presto Industries, known just as Presto, was started over 100 years ago in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and has become synonymous with pressure cooking ever since. They have branched out and revolutionized many different food processing methods with their take on small appliances, whether it be popcorn makers, dehydrators, or slow cooking appliances.
Features & Specifications
NOTE: This unit does not have an on off switch. This unit turns on when plugged in
- This dehydrator operates at a pre-set temperature of approximately 165°
- Bottom-mounted fan and heating element provide consistent air flow for optimum drying
- Fruit roll sheets, non-stick mesh screens, jerky gun and jerky spice kits available
- 600-Watt, 120 volts, 60 Hz only
- Easy to store as the drying trays nest for compact storage and the cord stores in the base
Model Number: 6300
Part Number: 6300
Package Dimensions: 14.9 x 14.7 x 6.6 inches