Skillets and frying pans are ideal for searing meat as the searing helps retain moisture and locks in flavour, and they are also great for tenderizing - and obviously frying.
The CTX line of Scanpan products feature a unique ceramic titanium nonstick cooking surface. This patented cooking surface is PFOA-free and does not require any fats or oils when cooking, and its five multi-layer construction enables even heat distribution without creating hot spots. CTX products are also suitable to use on all cook tops, including induction.
Scanpan is a Danish company that has been one of the world's leading producers of PFOA-free nonstick products for over three decades and were actually the first to introduce truly PFOA-free nonstick products throughout the entire manufacturing process. All their pans are made in Denmark.
The difference between a Skillet and a Pan, and the confusion of a Saute Pan!
There isn't any real practical difference between a pan and a skillet as you can braise, roast, fry, sear or grill in both. The very slight differences are:
- A skillet is slightly deeper than a pan to better braise sauces and it generally comes in cast iron, while a pan generally comes in stainless steel, aluminum or a combination of both, and it generally has a lid (except this skillet!)
- A saute pan looks like a skillet as it has a lid but it is deeper than a skillet, has a larger cooking surface, and its sides are straight instead of curved.
Features & Specifications
- Features Scanpan's new GreenTek environmentally friendly nonstick surface
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Non Stick - Patented Ceramic titanium surface allows for use of any utensil, including metal utensils
- Five multi-layer construction for the most efficient heat control and transfer
- Special two tone finish on handles for stylish appearance
- Cast stainless steel handles - stay cooler longer
- Ovenproof to 500°F
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in Denmark