Garlic is a foundational ingredient that adds flavor to nearly every savory dish, but it also adds an odor to your mortar and pestle, which will interfere with the taste of other ground spices. It can also be difficult to remove the smell from your hands after handling the garlic.
So get yourself a Susi 3 garlic press, which fits comfortably in your hand and has an integrated cleaner. It also comes with a plunger that allows for maximise usage and miminal wastage. The best part is that you don't even have to peel the garlic as it is designed to strip the peel from the garlic, leaving it in the press but releasing the pulp.
Zyliss is a Swiss company that began over seventy years ago when the Founder, Karl Zysett, invented the first garlic press in 1951. Today it designs dozens of products with many of them receiving the coveted 'red-dot' award.
Features & Specifications
- Dimensions: 9.5L x 26W x 3.5H
- Large capacity bowl presses several garlic cloves at once
- Ergonomic handles for easy squeezing
- Nonstick coating and integrated cleaning tool for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe (though it is better to handwash it to maintain the sharpness of the blades)
- 5 year warranty